Spanish Stories / Cuentos Españoles (A Dual-Language Book) (English and Spanish Edition)
Primary: Spanish Stories / Cuentos Españoles (A Dual-Language Book) (English and.pdf - 26,482 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Spanish Stories / Cuentos Españoles (A Dual-Language Book) (English and.pdf - 50,954 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Spanish Stories / Cuentos Españoles (A Dual-Language Book) (English and.pdf - 24,817 KB/Sec
- Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)
- First Spanish Reader: A Beginner's Dual-Language Book (Beginners' Guides) (English and Spanish Edition)
- Spanish Short Stories For Beginners: 8 Unconventional Short Stories to Grow Your Vocabulary and Learn Spanish the Fun Way!
- Great Spanish and Latin American Short Stories of the 20th Century/Grandes cuentos españoles y latinoamericanos del siglo XX: A Dual-Language Book (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
- Spanish Short Stories 2/Cuentos Hispanicos 2 (Penguin Parallel Text)
- Mexican Short Stories / Cuentos mexicanos: A Dual-Language Book (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
- A Second Spanish Reader: A Dual-Language Book (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
- Spanish Short Stories 1 / Cuentos hispánicos 1 (Parallel Text) (v. 1) (Spanish and English Edition)
- Easy Spanish Short Novels for Beginners With 60+ Exercises & 200-Word Vocabulary: Jules Verne´s "The Light at the Edge of the World" (ESLC Reading Workbook Series) (Volume 1)
- Spanish-American Short Stories / Cuentos hispanoamericanos: A Dual-Language Book (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
Designed for the lover of fine literature as well as the intermediate language student, this dual-language book contains 13 great, representative Spanish short stories. Chronologically arranged to illustrate the development of the story form in Spanish, the stories are presented both in Spanish and English, enabling students to learn a language while simultaneously studying literary classics.
Edited by former Queens College professor Angel Flores, the volume includes brilliant works not available in any other edition published in the U.S. First-rate stories range from the medieval tales of Don Juan Manuel and the classics of Cervantes, Alarcon and Miguel de Unamuno to the highly acclaimed contemporary works of Jorge Luis Borges, Camilo Jose Cela, and Juan Goytisolo. Also included are satirical views of Spanish life by Leopolda Alas (Clarin) and Emilia Pardo Bazan, charming sketches by Ricardo Palma, and the socially and politically inspired writings of Benito Lynch and Horacia Quiroga.
With this book, language students will be able to follow Spanish classics in the original while having immediate access to a complete, faithful English translation on the facing page. The dual format saves hours in word-hunting and note-taking, allowing more time for intensified study of the language, building vocabulary and practicing conversation. The present volume also contains an informative essay on Spanish literature, a biographical-critical introduction to each story, notes on obscure references and idioms and a Spanish-to-English vocabulary.
Students of language and comparative literature will find the dual-language format convenient and helpful and the stories deeply satisfying; readers interested in Spanish literature will want to add this important and stimulating collection to their personal libraries.